Pegasus Saddlery and Biomechanics is proud to offer the following services to the Virginia Equestrian community:
1) General saddle fitting evaluations.
2) Saddle flocking.
3) New saddle sales (Albion Saddlemakers and Vertias Saddles).
4) Equine and human movement analysis.
5) Dynamic load analysis for human and animal contact surfaces (pressure measurements).
Pegasus Saddlery and Biomechanics is owned by Anne Crowell. Anne has been saddle fitting for almost 10 years and has been trained by several of the world's premier saddlery manufacturers. Anne has been working with Albion Saddlemakers since 2011 and has been trained to fit Albion's Revelation line of fully custom saddles.
Anne's training as a biomechanist began as result of her involvement in saddle fitting coupled with her background in engineering. Biomechanics, as a discipline, is closely related to the study physics and engineering. In fact, the American Society of Biomechanics
(ASB) describes it as follows: “Biomechanics is the study of the structure and function of biological systems by means of the methods of mechanics.” (Herbet Hatze, 1974)
Biomechanics represents the broad interplay between mechanics and biological systems. Please visit ASB's website for more information on the subject. http://www.asbweb.org/
Education and Affiliations:
- M.S. degree in Applied and Engineering Physics from George Mason University (emphasis in Biomechanics and Biophysics), May 2014.
- B.S degree in Electrical Engineering from California State University (cum laude), May 1990. Minors in mathematics and physics.
- Instructor, George Mason University, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy.
- Member, American Society of Biomechanics.
- Authorized Albion fitter and dealer (2011-present).
-Authorized Veritas fitter and dealer (2018).
- Certified Stubben Saddle fitter (2008-2011).
-Novel Pliance Saddle Test System representative (2012-2016).
- UK SMS, Intro to Saddle Fitting Course.